About Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy is a financial writer and business writer with over fifteen years experience in the financial services industry. As a former currency risk management advisor, Chris specializes in writing about the Global Markets including currency risk management strategies.
Chris also customizes financial writing for banks and small to mid-size companies. These writings include articles, economic newsletters, Powerpoint presentations, and global market analysis. To further illustrate financial market activity and the subsequent risks, Chris utilizes MS Office to create charts and graphs.
Over 15 Years Experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Citizens Financial Group
- Fleet Boston Financial
- Shawmut Bank N.A.
- Currency Market Risk Management
- Specialized in advising small businesses and not-for-profits.
- The first Foreign Exchange Advisor to small businesses for Fleet Boston Financial.
- A leading currency market expert in the industry.
- Financial Market Writing & Analysis
- Marketing one-pagers for banks i.e. currency hedging strategies, study abroad sales campaign & quick reference guides.
- PowerPoint pitchbooks i.e. Sales pitches, market commentary, and credit risk training.
- Audio and Video PowerPoints.
- Revenue and sales analysis. i.e. To improve client retention & sales initiatives.
- Charting and market risk analysis.
- International Payments & Operational Risk Management
- Team Leader of foreign exchange operations at Fleet Boston Financial.
- Managed over $400MM worth of foreign currency payments on a daily basis.
- Branch Banking
- Business Specialist for Shawmut Bank; provided sales & service for business loans and accounts.
- Provided financial services to individuals including IRAs, home equity lines & loans, general banking and budgeting.
- Awarded with the Client Services Award.
- Microsoft Office – Charting, Graphs, PowerPoints with animations and transitions.
- Website building using Solostream theme – including this website.
- Website optimization and basic SEO.
- IMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Charting and technical analysis of market movements.
- Backtesting hedging strategies.
- Bloomberg, Reuters, Salesforce and Wallstreet Systems.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics with a Concentration in Finance.
- University of Rhode Island.